Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default FIND AND COPY

I have the following list of data in column A:
1
2
1
3
1
4
1
5
1
6

The following code will select the values that I want:
Sub SELECTVALUES()
Dim c As Range
Dim d As Range
Dim FirstAddress As String
Dim myFindString As String

myFindString = "1"
With ActiveSheet.Range("A:A")
Set c = .Find(myFindString, LookIn:=xlValues, lookAt:=xlWhole)

If Not c Is Nothing Then
Set d = c
FirstAddress = c.Address
End If

Set c = .FindNext(c)
If Not c Is Nothing And c.Address < FirstAddress Then
Do
Set d = Union(d, c)
Set c = .FindNext(c)
Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address < FirstAddress
End If
End With

d.Select

End Sub

I need help adjusting the code to selcect the data that is in columns B,C
and D instead of column A.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Judd,

Change

With ActiveSheet.Range("A:A")

With ActiveSheet.Range("B:D")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Judd Jones" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't need the search range changed. I still want to search in column A but
select the info in columns B,C and D that are on the same row as the found
search.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Judd,

Change

With ActiveSheet.Range("A:A")

With ActiveSheet.Range("B:D")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Judd Jones" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Judd,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

With ActiveSheet.Range("A:A")
Set c = .Find(myFindString, LookIn:=xlValues, lookAt:=xlWhole)

If Not c Is Nothing Then
Set d = c.Offset(0,1).Resize(1,3)
FirstAddress = c.Address
End If

Set c = .FindNext(c)
If Not c Is Nothing And c.Address < FirstAddress Then
Do
Set d = Union(d, c.Offset(0,1).Resize(1,3))
Set c = .FindNext(c)
Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address < FirstAddress
End If
End With

Should do it.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Judd Jones" wrote in message
I don't need the search range changed. I still want to search in column A
but
select the info in columns B,C and D that are on the same row as the found
search.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Judd,

Change

With ActiveSheet.Range("A:A")

With ActiveSheet.Range("B:D")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Judd Jones" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bernie,

Thanks for all the help. One last question.

How do I get the code to exit out of the With statement if the value (1) is
never found?

Thanks,
Judd

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Judd,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

With ActiveSheet.Range("A:A")
Set c = .Find(myFindString, LookIn:=xlValues, lookAt:=xlWhole)

If Not c Is Nothing Then
Set d = c.Offset(0,1).Resize(1,3)
FirstAddress = c.Address
End If

Set c = .FindNext(c)
If Not c Is Nothing And c.Address < FirstAddress Then
Do
Set d = Union(d, c.Offset(0,1).Resize(1,3))
Set c = .FindNext(c)
Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address < FirstAddress
End If
End With

Should do it.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Judd,

If Not c Is Nothing Then
Set d = c.Offset(0,1).Resize(1,3)
FirstAddress = c.Address
Else
Exit Sub ' Or use Goto to skip to the next section of code
End If

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP