Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Interest that is Compounded Daily at the Bank

Does anyone know how to figure the interest on a CD at
the bank when the interests are compounded daily each
month? Our bank uses the rule of 365 days in a year rule.
My father-in-law wants to know how much he will get each
month. It appears to me that formula is needed for each a
day of the month. But I do not understand how the banks
could you tell you but it is so hard for you to do it.
There must be an easier way of doing it in Excel 2002 is
what I have.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ColC ColD ColE ColF
Rate 6.0% DailyRate 0.000164384
PurchDate 12/1/2004
Principle 100,000.00

Date Principle Int EndBal
1/1/2005 100,000.00 509.59 100,509.59
2/1/2005 100,509.59 512.19 101,021.77
=+(C7-C6)*$F$1*D7
=+F6 =+D7+E7
Little hard to read, but I tried to get the formulas below the columns.