Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mystery of the moving control toolbox combo box?

Oh, what I go through just to get a yellow background.

So I have these control toolbox combo boxes on some sheets. Only one per
sheet. (These are the same ones discussed in my post earlier today.) The
sheets are fully protected. But when I print, the boxes shift a ways over
to the left. Always to the same spot. If I comment out the line
ActiveSheet.PrintOut and run the code, they do not shift. On the printout
they are in their correct location. A mystery to me. Anyone have an idea
what is going on? I know if I give up on the yellow background and go back
to one on the Forms toolbar all will be fine. But do I have to?

Don <donwiss at panix.com.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

xl2002???

Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

But Jim Rech recently posted this:
This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly
mention this fix, it's in there).

But Myrna Larson posted that it didn't work for her in all her workbooks.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, Dave Peterson wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:
... I have these control toolbox combo boxes on some sheets.
... when I print, the boxes shift a ways over to the left.

xl2002???

Yes.

Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

It says to switch to Move and size with cells. I can do that. I need move
with cells, but which ever size is set to shouldn't matter. That fixed the
problem.

But Jim Rech recently posted this:
This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly
mention this fix, it's in there).

But Myrna Larson posted that it didn't work for her in all her workbooks.

I have automatic Windows updates, but I gather that is only for the OS. I
will get this now... Nope. It says my Office products need no updates. I do
now remember that I updated Office in the past month or so. So like Myrna
it didn't work for me.

And then this application is for work, and I don't know whether they have
this update. But the switch to Move and size with cells is fine.

Thanks. I spent a good while trying to pin down the cause of this mystery.

Don <donwiss at panix.com.