Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deleting Rows

Hi everyone,
I seem to be stuck again with a problem that probably is very easy.
The data in my sheet is spread over 7 Columns and about 200-300 Rows.
I want to loop through column 7 and delete the entire row if the value is
different to 6 possible values.
So if the value in column 7 is different from for example 428, 491, 492,
493, 495 and 496 then the entire row should be deleted.
I have tried putting these values in an array and do a comparison. That
didn't work out.
Neither did a comparison with 5 OR's.

Hope this is understandable, please let me know if you want to see the code
I've used.

Thanks for your help

KJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi KJ,

Try:

Sub DelRows()
Dim delRange As Range
Dim rCell As Range
Dim vArr As Variant
Dim blDelete As Boolean

vArr = Array(428, 491, 492, 493, 495, 496)

With ActiveSheet
For Each rCell In Intersect(.UsedRange, .Columns(7))
blDelete = False
On Error Resume Next
blDelete = Application.Match(rCell.Value, vArr, 0)
On Error GoTo 0
If blDelete Then
If Not delRange Is Nothing Then
Set delRange = Union(delRange, rCell.EntireRow)
Else
Set delRange = rCell.EntireRow
Next rCell
End With
If Not delRange Is Nothing Then
delRange.Delete
Else
MsgBox "No rows deleted"

---
Regards,
Norman

"KJ Dahl" wrote in message
Hi everyone,
I seem to be stuck again with a problem that probably is very easy.
The data in my sheet is spread over 7 Columns and about 200-300 Rows.
I want to loop through column 7 and delete the entire row if the value is
different to 6 possible values.
So if the value in column 7 is different from for example 428, 491, 492,
493, 495 and 496 then the entire row should be deleted.
I have tried putting these values in an array and do a comparison. That
didn't work out.
Neither did a comparison with 5 OR's.

Hope this is understandable, please let me know if you want to see the
code I've used.

Thanks for your help

KJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Works brilliantly.
Thanks very much

kj

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
one way

Sub deletenot()
x = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = x To 4 Step -1
If Cells(i, 1) < 428 _
And Cells(i, 1) < 491 _
And Cells(i, 1) < 493 _
And Cells(i, 1) < 495 _
And Cells(i, 1) < 496 _
Then Cells(i, 1).EntireRow.Delete
Next
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"KJ Dahl" wrote in message
Hi everyone,
I seem to be stuck again with a problem that probably is very easy.
The data in my sheet is spread over 7 Columns and about 200-300 Rows.
I want to loop through column 7 and delete the entire row if the value is
different to 6 possible values.
So if the value in column 7 is different from for example 428, 491, 492,
493, 495 and 496 then the entire row should be deleted.
I have tried putting these values in an array and do a comparison. That
didn't work out.
Neither did a comparison with 5 OR's.

Hope this is understandable, please let me know if you want to see the

code
I've used.

Thanks for your help

KJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

This should also work:

Sub deletenot2()
x = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = x To 4 Step -1
Select Case Cells(i, 1)
Case 428, 491, 493, 495, 496
Case Else
Cells(i, 1).EntireRow.Delete
End Select
Next

KL

"KJ Dahl" wrote in message
Hi everyone,
I seem to be stuck again with a problem that probably is very easy.
The data in my sheet is spread over 7 Columns and about 200-300 Rows.
I want to loop through column 7 and delete the entire row if the value
is
different to 6 possible values.
So if the value in column 7 is different from for example 428, 491, 492,
493, 495 and 496 then the entire row should be deleted.
I have tried putting these values in an array and do a comparison. That
didn't work out.
Neither did a comparison with 5 OR's.

Hope this is understandable, please let me know if you want to see the

code
I've used.

Thanks for your help

KJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

neater

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"KL" <lapink2000(at)hotmail.com wrote in message

This should also work:

Sub deletenot2()