Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to set multiple columns in "If Target.Column ="

Sorry, forgot to chage part of the code while editing. The code should read
like this:

'if using the change event
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("G:M")) Is Nothing Then _
MsgBox Target.Address

'if using the selection change event
If Not Intersect(ActiveCell, Range("G:M")) Is Nothing Then _
MsgBox ActiveCell.Address
End Sub

If you want your macro to affect all cells of the selection that are within
the specidfied columns, you can use the range resulting from the Intersect()
directly, e.g.:

'if using the selection change event
Set myRange = Intersect(Target, Range("G:M"))
If Not myRange Is Nothing Then _
myRange .Interior.ColorIndex = 3

KL

"KL" <lapink2000(at)hotmail.com wrote in message news:...
Brad,

You can use the Intersect() function

'if using the change event
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("G:M")) Is Nothing Then _
MsgBox MyCell.Address

'if using the selection change event
If Not Intersect(ActiveCell, Range("G:M")) Is Nothing Then _
MsgBox MyCell.Address

KL

"Brad K." wrote in message
I want to run the same code when one of several columns contain the active
cell. How do I do this without repeating the code.
When I used

If Target.Column = 7 Or 8 Or 9 Or 10 Or 11 Or 12 Or 13 Then

the code is executed when any cell in the sheet is selected not just in
the
above columns.
I tried using an array without luck either.
Also, I am not sure yet if all of the columns will be sequential or not.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Brad