Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Default Macro Error in 2003

The code below is part of a macro that I wrote in Excel 2000.
When I run it in 2003, it errors out (Application Error) in the last row of
code.

Any ideas how to fix this? Could it have something to do with add-ins?

Is there a way to re-write the last line to work in 2003?

TIA.

NumRowsTB = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

NumRowsMacro = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

NumColsMacro = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Cells(1,
Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

ColumnID = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Cells(1, NumColsMacro).Address

NormalHomeRng = "[" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "]" & ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Name
& "!$A$1"

NormalColRng = "[" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "]" & ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Name &
"!$B$1:" & ColumnID & ""

NormalRowRng = "[" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "]" & ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Name &
"!$A$2:$A$" & NumRowsMacro & ""

Cells(1, 7) = "=IF(ISERROR(OFFSET(" & NormalHomeRng & ",MATCH(C1," &
NormalRowRng & ",0),MATCH(A1," & NormalColRng & ",0))),"""",OFFSET(" &
NormalHomeRng & ",MATCH(C1," & NormalRowRng & ",0),MATCH(A1," & NormalColRng
& ",0)))"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Thanks, Tom. I saw you were "on duty" from some previous posts and hoped you
wouild respond.

After more investigation I found that the macro runs okay on some machines
with 2003 and not on others. Leads me to believe that 2003 was not installed
the same - some machines are missing some install options?

"Ken" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You sure it doesn't have to do with differences in where the file is
installed? If the path causes the formula to be longer than 1024 characters
(in R1C1 format), then it won't work. I doubt there is any install option
that would cause the behavior on interpreting a formula to be different
although the installation of VB is option - however, it doesn't sound like
you are saying the macro won't run.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ken" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ignore that. I was thinking you were using FullName rather than just name.
It would only be applicable if the workbook had different names or the
sheets had different names on different computers. If the workbook might
have different names, could the name have a space in it?

Another thought is a setting for hiding known file exentions under folder
options. As far as I know, this doesn't affect the string returned by
Thisworkbook.Filename, but I don't have Excel 2003 to test with. You might
check that out and see whether your formula has
[MyBook1.xls]
rather than

[MyBook1]

Tom Ogilvy

"Ken" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Thanks for the ideas, Tom. I will check out the file extension theory. I am
in Seattle and my problem folks are in Tampa, so it makes it a little
difficult to troubleshoot since it runs okay on my machines in Seattle. The
workbooks all use the same name - no spaces.

Anyway, I'm at home, waiting for Santa. Best wishes for a happy holiday!

If I get more info next week, should I start a new post or will you be
checking back on this one?