Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Color Entire Rows depending on Text in Column A

Hello All,

I am using Office 2000 and have the following problem

A B C D .... .... ....
Fit Sam William etc ....
Reject Harry Jones etc ....
Active Bob Howe etc. ...

Fit ... ... .... .....
Fit
Active
Active
Reject
etc

I wish to put a commandbutton on the worksheet when clicked all Rows
depending upon the text in Column A (eg Fit should be green color, Reject
should be Red color, and Active should be Yellow color )

I tried conditional formatting but it just changes the cell and not the
entire row.. I wish to change the color of the entire row.
Can somebody please help me out

TIA

Rashid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use CF:

Select the entire Sheet (or just the entire range you want to have
colored). With Cell A1 active, choose Format/Conditional Formatting and
enter

CF1: Formula is =$A1="Fit"
Format1: Green

CF2: Formula is =$A1="Reject"
Format2: Red

CF3: Formula is =$A1="Active"
Format3 Yellow

The key is to keep column A absolute (using the $) while allowing the
row to be relative.

In article ,
"Rashid Khan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Conditional formatting will work if you select the whole row and use a
formula like

=$A1="Reject"

--

HTH