Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tim tim is offline

Default format

Hello all,

I would like to name a worksheet based on "Today()" that
is in a text box. I am having trouble because you cannot
use "/" ":" etc in a sheet name. All I need is the date
and "12-22-04" would work well.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim

Not sure if ive understood right, but to create a new sheet, and name as
todays date (with your format below), you could try;

Sub addsheet()
Dim NewSheet
Set NewSheet = Sheets.Add
NewSheet.Name = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy")
End Sub

Dave