Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default AutoFilter Program

Hi,

I need a the code that will calculate the changes in amounts when I select
an option from the AutoFilter List, ie, if I select AFE#456 and 10 records
appear, I want to get the total for those 10, then if I select AFE#789 and
there are 5 records, I want it to represent that total. Any help is
graciously appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Rhonda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's an easier way than code.

1. Name the range of the column of AFE's.
2. In another cell (even on another sheet) set up validation (DATA |
VALIDATION) that uses the LIST option and enter the name of the range as your
source. This will give you/the user a drop down list to pick the AFE's from
(e.g. =AFES)
3. Next to that cell write a SUMIF formula that will sum your amounts based
on what the user just picked.