Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Default writing Macro in Excel

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
1. Yes this is the right place :-)

Not really. While VB and VBA may have a lot in common, you should get better
answers in:

microsoft.public.excel.programming

--
Björn Holmgren

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

"Björn Holmgren" wrote in message
"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
1. Yes this is the right place :-)

Not really. While VB and VBA may have a lot in common, you should get

better
answers in:

microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm sorry! I didn't notice the crosspost (I read this in
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion).

--
Björn Holmgren

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Dear Frank
Thanks for your reply.
What I do daily, is as follows:
1- I copy and paste daily price of stock market to a worksheet.
2- I use vlookup command to populate the price of my favorite share in
another worksheet. (about 10 shares)
3- I draw the graph and save each as a sheet (not as an object)
Every day I want to draw the graph from start to today. ( I don't want to
take fixed period of time) so time span increases one day on each day.
This pushes me to modify the draw command range for each 10 graphs
separately.
I am looking forward writing a Macro to do this for me.
As this job is a series of repetitive commands, I am sure it is possible to
write a Macro for it but I don't have that much knowledge of Macro to do so.
Today I learned about for for-loops inside Macro. This may help me to do
repetitive commands on serial cells.

Today I draw this graph:
SERIES(Names!$D$66,Names!$E$1:$W$1,Names!$E$66:$W$ 66,1)
Tomorrow I draw this graph (w expand to x to include one more cell to right)
SERIES(Names!$D$66,Names!$E$1:$X$1,Names!$E$66:$X$ 66,1)
I do this separately for 10 sheets (it is tedious, isn't it?)
I want to write a Macro to do this for me in each 10 sheets.

Frank
Above story may not related to relative references (RR), but what I mean
with RR is that, I want to execute a series of commands over a range of
cells. Then I want to move to next range and perform the same series of
commands. When I use fixed range it is for sure that it will act only on
that specified range. When I push relative reference button on writing a
Macro, I am hoping it will offset the range at the end of Macro but running
the Macro doesn't bring the expected result.
For example I copy a range of column (A1:A5) go to another sheet, paster
special, transpose, paste. Then I want to go to next column (B1:B5) and
perform same commands. How can I solve this with RR?

TIA, Rasoul Khoshravan Azar, Iran, Tabriz