Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Validating a long date in VBA

Thanks Frank.

So there is a way to display in ddd-dd-mm-yy format, even if the user
enters the data in dd-mm-yy format?

Also, if the user enters the date in 3 separate text boxes, is there a
simple way of validating the info as a date?

I can think of (relatively) complex ways of validating all this stuff
but I was looking for something fairly simple and built-in. I suppose
what i was hoping for was a default display of today's date in
ddd-dd-mm-yy format, and if the user changed the dd element, that the
ddd element would automatically change (or at least that a built-in
date-checker would throw an error if the day of the week was
incorrect).