Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Design Question

Howdy
My application requires a long vertically scrolling spreadsheet (with 5 rows
at the top freeze-framed and containing some menu options), the middle
section of which contains a dynamically sized row/column matrix of OLE
embedded checkboxes, which whilst for the most part will be fairly
consistent in length, is required to able to change length, and hence I will
need to move the functionality that is below this matrix up and down as
required.

This functionality below is "table-based" data followed by a 'row' of form
elements for adding additional rows to the table (and this row of form
elements will need to also move up and down to adjust for matrix length and
for the length of the table that it adds rows to).

My question regards whether, in your experience it is better, once there are
some dynamically positioned embedded form elements in a worksheet, to put
all subsequent data in labels and use top & left specifications for them and
for other form elements, or if it is still ok to use cell references and
insert rows where relevant to adjust spacing (and use cell's left and top
specifications for the form elements) etc., or a combination of both?

The reason I ask is that I am at a stage where I really have to decide on
one or the other, swapping back and forth is getting a bit much.

Thanks for any response
Cheers
Matt