Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tree Data Structure in VB/VBA

Hello,

There doesn't seem to be (at least i have not been able to find) a native
Tree data structure in the VB/VBA documentation. I notice there is a
DiagramNode which i guess you can use to construct a Tree but using it seems
like forcing something into doing something it wasn't intended for.

Thanks
Bing C.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bing,

There is a treeview.

Go to the forms toolox, right-click, and selct additional controls. Scroll
don to Microsoft Treeview and select it.

--

HTH

RP

"Bing" wrote in message
Hello,

There doesn't seem to be (at least i have not been able to find) a native
Tree data structure in the VB/VBA documentation. I notice there is a
DiagramNode which i guess you can use to construct a Tree but using it

seems
like forcing something into doing something it wasn't intended for.

Thanks
Bing C.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Indeed there is. Thanks again Bob.

But tell me, why can't i find any reference to this in my VBA6.3/Excel 2003
documentation (other than a TreeviewControl Object used "primarilyy for macro
recording"), except on the MSDN website. Is it because this object did not
exist in my version of excel/VBA or do i need to install additional libraries.

Also, when i use objects in the excel/VB object model i want to ensure
backward compatibility with older versions of excel.. so how can i find out
the which versions of excel the object models belong to so that i don't use
objects that only existed after Office XP?

Thanks again!
Bing C.

"Bing" wrote in message
Hello,

There doesn't seem to be (at least i have not been able to find) a native
Tree data structure in the VB/VBA documentation. I notice there is a
DiagramNode which i guess you can use to construct a Tree but using it

seems
like forcing something into doing something it wasn't intended for.

Thanks
Bing C.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The treeview control is not distributed with Excel or Office (professional
edition), therefore it isn't documented in Excel or Excel VBA. It is
distributed with VB6 and with the Office Developer Edition ( XP and earlier
version).

If you are developing for distribution, then you would probably need to
distribute the Treeview as well. Whether you have or need a license to do
that or not, I can't say.

Tom Ogilvy