Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners,microsoft.public.word.vba.general

Default Regular expressions for replacements in Excel?

Doesn't seem like many people are using the regular expression capability in
Excel. Some reason? Apart from the fact that it's kind of hard to figure
out? Actually, I'm trying to port some JavaScript regular expressions into
Excel... I think I've enabled the required library linkage, but I can't seem
to figure out the syntax required to refer to all of the lines in the
spreadsheet (which is really just a list of text strings). Don't seem to be
any good examples anywhere I can find them on the Web, and the Microsoft
documentation has been typically unenlightening.

Are the examples and useful instructions more liable to be found on the Word
side? Some of the later manipulations would be better with the spreadsheet's
capabilities, however.