Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Regular expressions for replacements in Excel?

Hi
post your current code which does not work

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Shannon Jacobs" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Doesn't seem like many people are using the regular expression capability
in
Excel. Some reason? Apart from the fact that it's kind of hard to figure
out? Actually, I'm trying to port some JavaScript regular expressions into
Excel... I think I've enabled the required library linkage, but I can't
seem
to figure out the syntax required to refer to all of the lines in the
spreadsheet (which is really just a list of text strings). Don't seem to
be
any good examples anywhere I can find them on the Web, and the Microsoft
documentation has been typically unenlightening.

Are the examples and useful instructions more liable to be found on the
Word
side? Some of the later manipulations would be better with the
spreadsheet's
capabilities, however.