Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros always run

When you disable macros with the security prompt not all macros are disable: you can start macros call by shorcuts key. How can you disable all kind of macros?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Regis
That's not correct. All macros are disabled. Are you sure that you
don't have 2 instances of that same file running at the same time? HTH
Otto
"Regis Banville via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
When you disable macros with the security prompt not all macros are
disable: you can start macros call by shorcuts key. How can you disable
all kind of macros?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My macros are on a XLA sheet. Is it possible that the macros are allways available?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Regis

An add-in(*.xla) is not subject to the same rules as a workbook(*.xls) when it
comes to disabling macros.

You will not get the macro warning or the option to disable macros in the
Add-in when an *.xla loads.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:56:38 GMT, "Regis Banville via OfficeKB.com"
wrote:

My macros are on a XLA sheet. Is it possible that the macros are allways available?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is true if the .xla is in XLStart or added in Tools|Addins.

But if I just open the addin via file|open (or double clicking on it in windows
explorer), I get prompted about the macros.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not having occasion/reason recently to open an Add-in in that manner, I did
not remember this.

Thanks Dave for update.

Gord