Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiple Level Subtotal Problem

The Subtotal function (Data Menu/ Subtotals) in Excel 2002 and 2003 often
places multi-level subtotals in the wrong order. Can anyone tell me what the
most current fix is for this? I am using Office 2003 Professional

I am having trouble following the wandering path that Microsofts Knowledge
Base is leading me down. The problem was first discussed in KB 831824 which
directs you to KB 833855 - Excel 2003 Hotfix package 2/29/04. If you read
carefully you find that the 2/29/04 Hotfix was replaced by the 3/5/04 Hotfix
(KB 835741) which was replaced by the 4/12/04 Hotfix (KB 837258).

The last Hotfix has not been replaced and KB 837258 implies that the fix is
included in Office 2003 Service Pack 1. I have loaded Service Pack 1, but
the problem is still there. I know there is a fix, I just can't seem to get
to it.

Thanks
--
Stan Shoemaker
Palo Alto, CA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've never seen this problem in xl2002 (and I don't use xl2003).

But I have saved this:

Debra Dalgleish has posted this:

=======

The problem may be corrected by installing this hotfix:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=833855

You can visit this page on the Microsoft site, to check which Office
updates should be installed:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/of...e/default.aspx

=======

And someone else posted a registry fix:
http://google.com/groups?&threadm=f6...ing.google.com
(one line in your browser)

Look at Grant's post.

stanshoe wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may want to review the thread at this link:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Appl..._21186239.html

There is a hotfix described there that may assist with this issue.

Jeff