Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default automate a function

Hi all,
I got a spreadsheet that takes readings from a controller and copies the
info to a cell in the spreadsheet. These readings are done at a certian time
and date. On the spreadsheet now, there is a conditional formula (If
formula) that is constently updating the value in that cell. What I would
like to do is automate the process so that the data is recorded in that cell
for the conditions that match (The certian time and date) then moves to the
next cell below and does the same for when the condition is meet. I have
wrote a udf that does some of this, but have been unable to run the function
from the conditional formula (If formula) on the spreadsheet. A example is
below:

Time Helium Trailer Pressure
11:00 2484.0 44.6
7:00 2292.0 30.5
7:00 2168.0 27.4
7:00 1983.0 35.0 =IF($K$1=$L11, metalink|read.bgtc!trailer\hetemp,"")
in the cell (35.0 value) the above if is contained where K1 is a value for
a day and L11 is the matching value for the row where the data is collected).
where the "metalink" statement is, that is where I would like to call a
function that will write the value and the value be the data collected at
that time, not constently changing.

Thanks for any help in advance

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jerry
It is very difficult to follow what you say. Remember that no one here
has any knowledge of your business and therefore no idea what you are
talking about.
You say K1 and L11 but you don't relate these cells to the data you
show.
How is your data entered? Manually?
What is your data layout?
Provide examples of what you have, what happens when data is entered, and
what you want to have as a result. HTH Otto
"Jerry J. Walker" <Jerry J. wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry about that, right now the data is entered manually from history data
collected. The spreadsheet tracks the usage of helium and the days left
before we need to reorder one. the format is as follows.

12/17/2004 2(K1)
7:00 12:29

Date Time Helium Helium
Trailer Trailer Days Hours

Pressure Temp. Cubic Ft. Left Left
12/13/04 11:00 2484.0 44.6 50840.8 23.840 572.2
0(L9)
12/14/04 7:00 2292.0 30.5 46353.9 21.920 526.1
1(L10)

K1 is the cell that has number 2 in it for now and L11 will have the number
2 in it where the "0" and "1" (at the last of the rows above), this relates
to the row where the data is to be written. I would like to use the formula
"=IF($K$1=$L11, metalink|read.bgtc!trailer\hetemp,"")" or something like it,
which reads the data point (note: there are data points for Pressure, C Ft,
Days and Hours Left) and writes it to the cell. This needs to read this at
7am every morning and records the data point values for each reading on a
seperate row. Hope this helps.

Thanks Jerry