Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell value while typing

While I am entering data on a particular cell, I want a userform to go
through a list of values on a sorted database, scrolling down to those that
contain the typed data.
Thus, excel will be suggesting me different values which I may pick or not.
To accomplish this, I can only think on analizing the pressed keys and paly
with the control source of the form, but can't find a method that will tell
me the pressed key value on a cell while it is being edited, before I press
enter.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
problem is what in a cell while you're in 'Edit mode' a macro (or a
userform) can't run. So I doubt this is possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Cordobes wrote:
While I am entering data on a particular cell, I want a userform to go
through a list of values on a sorted database, scrolling down to
those that contain the typed data.
Thus, excel will be suggesting me different values which I may pick
or not. To accomplish this, I can only think on analizing the pressed
keys and paly with the control source of the form, but can't find a
method that will tell me the pressed key value on a cell while it is
being edited, before I press enter.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Not possible. Nothing useful to you/VBA happens while you're editing a cell.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Cordobes" skrev i melding
While I am entering data on a particular cell, I want a userform to go
through a list of values on a sorted database, scrolling down to those

that
contain the typed data.
Thus, excel will be suggesting me different values which I may pick or

not.
To accomplish this, I can only think on analizing the pressed keys and

paly
with the control source of the form, but can't find a method that will

tell
me the pressed key value on a cell while it is being edited, before I

press
enter.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Cordobes,

As Frank and Harald noted, there is no way to do this if the user must be
typing into a worksheet cell. If you're a bit flexible, you could do this
with a listbox or some other ActiveX control placed on the worksheet. Or it
could be done all on a UserForm.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com