Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default cant find project or library

I am dealing with a "cant find project or library" error that keeps
haunting me on a template that I have built in Excel for both PC and Mac
's. It's a very basic template all in all.

Each time I get the error, the VBA Project - References screen pops up
and I get the list of References within the VBA project. However, I do
notice that there there is the "MISSING:" item with an "x" next to it in
the list. When I highlight the "MISSING:" line, it has a location that
points to a server where I once saved many of these templates. However,
even if I change the location to the current location of these templates
and then save, I still get the Compile Error: "cant find project or
library" after simply inserting a number into a cell on that template.

Details about the template:
- Contains Password Protection
- Contains 2 Options Buttons (use with a simple IF statement)
- Contains two Add Lines and Remove Lines macros
- Yes this template has been created from previous version of this
templates (which worked fine, but now this one keeps giving me the error
when I simply input a number in the cell - which results in the Compile
Error and the "MISSING" in the References section for the VBA editor)

If you need screenshots, please let me know...

Clint

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob Phillips wrote:

Have you opened the template file, as against creating a new workbook from
the template file, and correcting and saving that.

Yes, I'm working directly from the template. Any clues???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had this happen to me once. Not sure if yours is the
exact same deal. but, what I did was Re Compile my code
in the vba editor than it show me the Missing Library.

Just my 2 Cents

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rog,

I am dealing with a "cant find project or library" error that keeps
haunting me on a template that I have built in Excel for both PC and Mac
's. It's a very basic template all in all.

Can you not simply remove the [x] from that reference?

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.oaltd.co.uk