Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Radio Buttons

Hi Guys,

Todays question is relating to using Radio Buttons

I need to display 4 radio buttons on the screen, and a user is allowed
to select one or more than one.

I need to be able to seethe result of the selection, either in another
cell, or to use in a formulae....

Thanks and Regards

(Submitting this for second time, cause got a lock up during first
submission,and I cant see it, so I am assuming it got lost....)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you're referring to option buttons a better bet is to use check boxes
since the former are mutually exclusion and you want to be able to select
more than one at the same time.

Display the Forms toolbar, click Check Box and draw as many as you want.
Right click each and pick Format Control. Select a linked cell. Formulas
can then refer to this cell.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Darin Kramer" wrote in message

| Hi Guys,
|
| Todays question is relating to using Radio Buttons
|
| I need to display 4 radio buttons on the screen, and a user is allowed
| to select one or more than one.
|
| I need to be able to seethe result of the selection, either in another
| cell, or to use in a formulae....
|
| Thanks and Regards

| (Submitting this for second time, cause got a lock up during first
| submission,and I cant see it, so I am assuming it got lost....)
|

| *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
| Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim,

I can display the Forms Toolbar and the Check box, and right click and
select format control, HOWEVER the final TAB which I know from looking
at a previous drop down box (that I copied and pasted from elsewhere)
entitled "Control" is NOT visible (i think it may have to do with
installation of excel. I am able however to copy and paste an existing
drop down box, and then see the control for the drop down box. So are
you able to advise me as to how I can see that control function - or
perhaps create a blank check box in excel and send it to me via email,
maybe I will have the control option then visible...?

Thanks and Regards

Darin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So are you able to advise me as to how I can see that control function

Well, isn't that a bizarre problem! Actually, I heard of this before and it
had to do with display settings. Humor me and try this: Right click your
desktop and pick Properties. Then click the Settings tab on the Display
Properties dialog. Click Advanced. On the General tab is there a DPI
setting? If it's set to Large (120) change it to Normal (96).

If that's not it you may still be able to get to the Control tab via the
keyboard using Ctrl-PgDn.