-   -   Block REMarks in VBA? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/319043-block-remarks-vba.html)

Toby Erkson[_3_]

Block REMarks in VBA?

My guess is there isn't but I'll ask anyway...
Does VBA have block remarking? For example, in HTML:
<-- From here
here is remarked --

Instead of having to put a ' in front of every line it'd be one of those 'nice
to have'.
--
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA

Bernie Deitrick

Block REMarks in VBA?

Toby,

No, but if you use continuation characters, you only need one leading single
quote mark:

' this _
is _
a _
blocked _
comment

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Toby Erkson" wrote in message
My guess is there isn't but I'll ask anyway...
Does VBA have block remarking? For example, in HTML:
<-- From here
here is remarked --

Instead of having to put a ' in front of every line it'd be one of those

'nice
to have'.
--
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA
Excel 2003 in Windows XP

Tom Ogilvy

Block REMarks in VBA?

No, but in the VBE, if you show the Edit toolbar, it has buttons for block
comment and block uncomment. (which it applies to the selected lines of
code).

Tom Ogilvy

"Toby Erkson" wrote in message
My guess is there isn't but I'll ask anyway...
Does VBA have block remarking? For example, in HTML:
<-- From here
here is remarked --

Instead of having to put a ' in front of every line it'd be one of those

'nice
to have'.
--
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA
Excel 2003 in Windows XP

Toby Erkson[_3_]

Block REMarks in VBA?

Hot damn, thanks man! Just like my SQL Query Analyzer tool :-)
--
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
No, but in the VBE, if you show the Edit toolbar, it has buttons for block
comment and block uncomment. (which it applies to the selected lines of
code).

Tom Ogilvy

Postman[_2_]

Block REMarks in VBA?

| No, but in the VBE, if you show the Edit toolbar, it has buttons for block
| comment and block uncomment. (which it applies to the selected lines of
| code).

Tom

Those two little buttons should be on the toolbar by default!