Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sheet Protect

I have a sheet with a bunch of Option Buttons, Check Boxes
and cells for input. To unprotect the sheet so the
buttons would work I used:
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
To protect everything I used:
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True
ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
WE have several machines with XP and it seems to work
fine, but on the NT machines I get an Error Message.
Is there a fix for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
what exact error message do you get and what Excel version i installed on
this machine

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Doug Loewen wrote:
I have a sheet with a bunch of Option Buttons, Check Boxes
and cells for input. To unprotect the sheet so the
buttons would work I used:
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
To protect everything I used:
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True
ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
WE have several machines with XP and it seems to work
fine, but on the NT machines I get an Error Message.
Is there a fix for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The message reads "Unprotect method of Worksheet class
Failed."
The version on my machine (the NT machine) is Excel 97 SR-2
(I). The XP machine is Excel 2003 SP 1. It works on the
XP machine, the error is produced in the NT machine.

Doug Loewen wrote:
I have a sheet with a bunch of Option Buttons, Check

Boxes
and cells for input. To unprotect the sheet so the
buttons would work I used:
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
To protect everything I used:
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True,

Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True
ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
WE have several machines with XP and it seems to work
fine, but on the NT machines I get an Error Message.
Is there a fix for this?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Excel 97 does not support all the properties/methoads which Excel 2003 does.
Don't have Excel 97 on my office PC. but try:
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
'ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells

Or just have a look in Excel's 97 help which methods are really supported
for Protect and Enableselection

--
Regards
Frank Kabel