Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Default splitting worksheet into multiple workbooks

have a worksheet that contains multiple records that need to be grouped and
exported to a new workbook. Values to group by are in column a, so for
example all of the records in column a with a value of 2011 need to go to a
workbook named "2011.xls", all of the reocrds in column a with a value 3535
need to go to a new workbook named "3535.xls" etc. etc.

I will be receiving this data weekly and need an automated way to split it
up into distinct workbooks by value in column A

Thank you in advance for your help. Regards, R-
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rob

Here is a example that copy to new sheets
You can adapt it for workbooks.
If you need help post back

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Rob" wrote in message ...
have a worksheet that contains multiple records that need to be grouped and
exported to a new workbook. Values to group by are in column a, so for
example all of the records in column a with a value of 2011 need to go to a
workbook named "2011.xls", all of the reocrds in column a with a value 3535
need to go to a new workbook named "3535.xls" etc. etc.

I will be receiving this data weekly and need an automated way to split it
up into distinct workbooks by value in column A

Thank you in advance for your help. Regards, R-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Ron,

Thanks!!! This worked as far as worksheets are concerned, but as a big time
novice to this world I'm not sure how to modify to create individual
workbooks. Any help with the mods to your worksheet code would be much
appreciated as your first example worked great.

Thank you again. Rob.

"Rob" wrote in message ...
have a worksheet that contains multiple records that need to be grouped and
exported to a new workbook. Values to group by are in column a, so for
example all of the records in column a with a value of 2011 need to go to a
workbook named "2011.xls", all of the reocrds in column a with a value 3535
need to go to a new workbook named "3535.xls" etc. etc.

I will be receiving this data weekly and need an automated way to split it
up into distinct workbooks by value in column A

Thank you in advance for your help. Regards, R-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rob

I add a example to my website today,
and I will post in this thread when it is ready.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Rob" wrote in message ...
have a worksheet that contains multiple records that need to be grouped and
exported to a new workbook. Values to group by are in column a, so for
example all of the records in column a with a value of 2011 need to go to a
workbook named "2011.xls", all of the reocrds in column a with a value 3535
need to go to a new workbook named "3535.xls" etc. etc.

I will be receiving this data weekly and need an automated way to split it
up into distinct workbooks by value in column A

Thank you in advance for your help. Regards, R-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rob

Here it is
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm#workbook

Please give feedback if you have problems

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Rob" wrote in message ...
have a worksheet that contains multiple records that need to be grouped and
exported to a new workbook. Values to group by are in column a, so for
example all of the records in column a with a value of 2011 need to go to a
workbook named "2011.xls", all of the reocrds in column a with a value 3535
need to go to a new workbook named "3535.xls" etc. etc.

I will be receiving this data weekly and need an automated way to split it
up into distinct workbooks by value in column A

Thank you in advance for your help. Regards, R-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are welcome

--
Regards Ron de Bruin