Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Macro Secret Key Code/

Hi All.............

Is it possible to put a small statement at the beginning of selected Macros,
that would prevent them from working unless a specific passcode number was
previously typed into a specific cell? I have many Macros set up on
push-buttons but would like to prevent "casual" users and data-entry people
from using them......but still allow certain macros without this feature to
be used by everyone.

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

at the beginning of each macro:
If Sheets("Whatever").Range("E3").Value<"xyz" then exit sub

pick a sheet & a range & a "password", make the change in the above
statement & you're all set.

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All.............

Is it possible to put a small statement at the beginning of selected
Macros,
that would prevent them from working unless a specific passcode number was
previously typed into a specific cell? I have many Macros set up on
push-buttons but would like to prevent "casual" users and data-entry
people
from using them......but still allow certain macros without this feature
be used by everyone.

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Very nice Bob...........EXACTLY what I was looking for..........

Thank you very kindly...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All.............

Is it possible to put a small statement at the beginning of selected
Macros,
that would prevent them from working unless a specific passcode number

was
previously typed into a specific cell? I have many Macros set up on
push-buttons but would like to prevent "casual" users and data-entry
people
from using them......but still allow certain macros without this feature
be used by everyone.

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You will also need a way for each user to enter the password in Rng E2 ?? on
Workbook_Open so that it is not hard coded.

Likewise the Workbook_Before_Close event needs to empty E2 for the same
reason.

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All.............

Is it possible to put a small statement at the beginning of selected
Macros,
that would prevent them from working unless a specific passcode number

was
previously typed into a specific cell? I have many Macros set up on
push-buttons but would like to prevent "casual" users and data-entry
people
from using them......but still allow certain macros without this feature
be used by everyone.

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks for the response gocush...........the "Workbook_Before_Close" point
is a good one.........I was depending on the Certified Operator to remember
to delete the Passcode and thats for sure not a good idea.........thanks for
reminding me

As for your first point, I don't think I understand what you mean
there..........I had intended that the CO hand-type the Passcode into the
selected cell......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3