Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default S Curves

I want to spread a value over a range of dates as an "S-Curve" with the
ability to skew the distribution. What is the best way of doing this, please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can try the Trend function. You will need the analysis tool pack. It will
perform a polynomial regression on a set of values.

HTH

"Adam" wrote:

I want to spread a value over a range of dates as an "S-Curve" with the
ability to skew the distribution. What is the best way of doing this, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

TREND is a built-in worksheet function. (You don't need Analysis ToolPak to
use it.) To go beyond linear regression, you could use xdata^{1,2,3} as the
x-data range in TREND, array-entered using Control+Shift+Enter.

The Regression tool of the Analysis ToolPak will perform polynomial
regression if you use x, x^2, and x^3 values (adjacent columns on a
worksheet) as the X-range.

Or, construct an XY (Scatter) chart with some hypothetical Y values, and use
Add Trendline (polynomial of order 3) to get a smooth curve approximately
through the points.

- Mike

www.mikemiddleton.com

"Adam" wrote:

I want to spread a value over a range of dates as an "S-Curve" with the
ability to skew the distribution. What is the best way of doing this,
please?

Subtracting curves [email protected] Charts and Charting in Excel 6 April 27th 23 03:45 AM
S Curves Marc Shields Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 26th 10 03:03 AM
curves PAL Excel Worksheet Functions 2 June 25th 08 08:15 AM
Growth Curves andyfw Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 January 1st 08 04:06 PM
How can I average 2 curves? y=10x+3 and y=11x-2 SuziequeQQ Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 24th 07 03:18 PM