Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting data from sheet stored on LAN

How do I refrence a cell on a sheet that resides on the lan? I have
tried the following but get an error

\\v1sacpdofc2\cpdprojects\CIS Financials\Costs Projections - bottom
up\Nov 04 actuals to end of program - reduced scope\Gantt Planner
Novemeber 2004 Incl New R3.xls.Tasks_Sheet!C12
Anyone have a suggestion or correction to my path naming.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is a reference I did to another file. Notice the = at the front, the
single quotes around the path and sheet name, the brace around the file
name, and finally the $'s for an absolute reference.

='C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\Excel\HSD\[NCP.xls]3 uBR'!$L$3

Hope this helps.
Mike F

wrote in message
oups.com...
How do I refrence a cell on a sheet that resides on the lan? I have
tried the following but get an error

\\v1sacpdofc2\cpdprojects\CIS Financials\Costs Projections - bottom
up\Nov 04 actuals to end of program - reduced scope\Gantt Planner
Novemeber 2004 Incl New R3.xls.Tasks_Sheet!C12
Anyone have a suggestion or correction to my path naming.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The problem is that I need to use the universal address so that other users
can access the file over a LAN where drive letters are useless since
everyone uses there own drivve mapping schemes.

For example, this is the actual path from server to cell contents;
\\v1sacpdofc2\cpdprojects\CIS Financials\Costs Projections - bottom
up\Nov 04 actuals to end of program - reduced scope\Gantt Planner
Novemeber 2004 Incl New R3.xls.Tasks_Sheet!C12

What I need to know is how to format this path correctly for use in VBA
code.

Jeff

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
Here is a reference I did to another file. Notice the = at the front, the
single quotes around the path and sheet name, the brace around the file
name, and finally the $'s for an absolute reference.

='C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\Excel\HSD\[NCP.xls]3

uBR'!$L$3

Hope this helps.
Mike F

oups.com...