Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MD MD is offline

Default Change Cell automaticaly

Good day all,

I've been asked a question that I can't answer.... so here it is....

Is there a way to move the active cell to another one as soon as it fills a
criteria without having to hit "ENTER". In other words. In cell A1 a 4
digit number is to be entered. In cell A2 a 2 digit number is to be
entered.

From cell A1, the user would type 6 digits and as soon as the 4th digit is
typed, the activecell would continue to A2. This way the user doesn't need
to hit ENTER or TAB.

Regards,

MD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe a workaround.

Use an extra column (new column A) and let them type the 6 digit number.
in B1:
=INT(A1/100)
in C1:
=MOD(A1,100)

MD wrote:

Good day all,

I've been asked a question that I can't answer.... so here it is....

Is there a way to move the active cell to another one as soon as it fills a
criteria without having to hit "ENTER". In other words. In cell A1 a 4
digit number is to be entered. In cell A2 a 2 digit number is to be
entered.

From cell A1, the user would type 6 digits and as soon as the 4th digit is

--

Dave Peterson