Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Format

I export two Access tables to Excel all the fields are Y or N.
Table #1 is in text format
Table #2 is in number format

When exported to Excel Table #1 remains text - Y or N
But Table #2 changed to 1 or 2

Help-I need to change Tabel #2 to Text (Y/N) so I can merge (copy/paste) the
data into one...

Just changing the format of the cell in Excel does not change it to text.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I guess that you are doing the exporting manually and not through
VBA, right?

Then select your entire table 2.

Clcik on 'Edit' Menu and Select 'Replace'

In Find What: enter 1
In Replace With: Y
Click on Options and check 'Match entire cell contents'.
Click on Replace All.

Repeat for 2 to be replace by N

Sharad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wow, I did not now this was available.

One question, I don't have a "options" ( Click on Options and check 'Match
entire cell contents'.)
I'm using Excel 2000.

I just skipped to replace all..

"Sharad" wrote:

Well, I guess that you are doing the exporting manually and not through
VBA, right?

Then select your entire table 2.

Clcik on 'Edit' Menu and Select 'Replace'

In Find What: enter 1
In Replace With: Y
Click on Options and check 'Match entire cell contents'.
Click on Replace All.

Repeat for 2 to be replace by N

Sharad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There should be a button with "options " or "<< Options" on it (bottom right
corner of the dialog).

If you click on it, it either shows more options or hides those options.

"Sharad" wrote:

Well, I guess that you are doing the exporting manually and not through
VBA, right?

Then select your entire table 2.

Clcik on 'Edit' Menu and Select 'Replace'

In Find What: enter 1
In Replace With: Y
Click on Options and check 'Match entire cell contents'.
Click on Replace All.

Repeat for 2 to be replace by N

Sharad

Dave Peterson