Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Bring forward conditional formatted characteristics

In workbook HR A1, worksheet Scorecard, cell AN6, is a percent value that
is conditionally formatted.

In workbook Dashboard, worksheet Dashboard, cell W31, I want to show the
AN6 value, along with the conditional formatting. How would this be done?

Thanks,
Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
not possible with qa formula. You can try to copy the cell (also with
VBA code) But an automatic link is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Phil Hageman" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
In workbook HR A1, worksheet Scorecard, cell AN6, is a percent

value that
is conditionally formatted.

In workbook Dashboard, worksheet Dashboard, cell W31, I want to

show the
AN6 value, along with the conditional formatting. How would this be

done?

Thanks,
Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Functions (builtin or homegrown in personal.xls) can't change formatting. They
return values.

If you recorded a macro when you did your edit|copy, edit|paste special|formats,
you'd see the code that could work in a Sub, though.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
not possible with qa formula. You can try to copy the cell (also with
VBA code) But an automatic link is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Phil Hageman" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
In workbook HR A1, worksheet Scorecard, cell AN6, is a percent

value that
is conditionally formatted.

In workbook Dashboard, worksheet Dashboard, cell W31, I want to

show the
AN6 value, along with the conditional formatting. How would this be

done?

Thanks,
Phil

--