Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tim tim is offline

Default Combo Box

Hello All,

I have a user form that contains some text boxes and
combo boxes. On all but two of the combo boxes I can use
my arrow keys to scroll up and down the list in the box,
while keeping the cursor in the box. The two in question
allow me to scroll down, but if I hit the down to amny
times, it jumps to another combo box.(?)

The box it jumps to is not the next in my tab order. It
is in another frame and both combo boxes "jump to that
box.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you press the arrow keys - up or down, it acually makes the
selection of the up or down element in the list.
When you scroll up and down with the mouse by clicking on the combobox
arrows, it just scrolls without changing the selection.

So now, in the properties of the combobox in question, check what value
is entered in the 'Text' field. Is the entered value the last element in
the list? If yes, then when the form is shown, the last element is
selected and if you press the down key, it will just jump to what ever
next selectable control is there, down the combobox.

So you can either enter the first element in the text field, or leave
the text field blank.

Sharad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If yes, then when the form is shown, the last element is
selected and if you press the down key, it will just jump to what ever
next selectable control is there, down the combobox

I couldn't reproduce that behavior. If it was at the bottom of the list and
I hit the down arrow, it remained at the bottom of the list. also, I could
set the value property which set the text property, but I couldn't set the
text property manually.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sharad" wrote in message
When you press the arrow keys - up or down, it acually makes the
selection of the up or down element in the list.
When you scroll up and down with the mouse by clicking on the combobox
arrows, it just scrolls without changing the selection.

So now, in the properties of the combobox in question, check what value
is entered in the 'Text' field. Is the entered value the last element in
the list? If yes, then when the form is shown, the last element is
selected and if you press the down key, it will just jump to what ever
next selectable control is there, down the combobox.

So you can either enter the first element in the text field, or leave
the text field blank.

Sharad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tim tim is offline

All the property settings are the same for all my combo
boxes. The two in question are the only ones acting this
way.

All the other boxes just stop when I get to the bottom of
the list (arrows). The two in question use the arrow key
to jump past the next text box into a combo box further
down.

I have a couple of other weird situations as well.

Thanks

"Sharad" wrote in message
When you press the arrow keys - up or down, it acually

makes the
selection of the up or down element in the list.
When you scroll up and down with the mouse by clicking

on the combobox
arrows, it just scrolls without changing the selection.

So now, in the properties of the combobox in question,

check what value
is entered in the 'Text' field. Is the entered value

the last element in
the list? If yes, then when the form is shown, the

last element is
selected and if you press the down key, it will just

jump to what ever
next selectable control is there, down the combobox.

So you can either enter the first element in the text

field, or leave
the text field blank.

Sharad

*** Sent via Developersdex

http://www.developersdex.com ***

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I couldn't reproduce that behavior. If it was at the bottom of the
list and
I hit the down arrow, it remained at the bottom of the list.

Probably because you did not put any other "SELECTABLE" control exactly
below the combobox.

also, I could set the value property which set the text property, but

I couldn't set the
text property manually.

Probbaly because in the combobox properties the 'Style' is set to
'fmStyleDropDownList' in which case you can not set the 'Text' value.
If instead the 'Style' is 'fmStyleDropDowncombo' then you can set the
'Text' value.

I might be wrong, but I can't think of other possibilities atleast at
the moment.

Sharad