Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DisplayAlerts = False fails

I wrote a conversion program for Excel workbooks created by my company's
application. The main object of this conversion is to remove a no longer
necessary macro from the workbook. This is done by removing the entire code
module, so people no longer are asked whether they want to allow macros. The
'Are you sure' message is being suppressed with DisplayAlerts = False, which
works for almost all of my customers. However, one customer, who thanks to
Murphy has 2500 files to convert, is continuously asked if he is sure he
wants to remove the macro.

My question: Is there a setting in Excel that prevents the working of the
DisplayAlerts statement or is there something else that can have this effect?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just in case someone finds this post in a search...

After testing in Office 2000 (it was originally created using Office XP) I
discovered that Excel 'forgot' that I had set DisplayAlerts to False. I don't
know if it is limited to Excel 2000 and what caused it to happen, but the
solution was simple: Just set DisplayAlerts to False everytime you make a
call that can result in an alert being shown. It's not a very elegant
solution, but it got the job done...