Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User Tools in Excel 2002 vs Excel 2000

I am using Excel 2002 and create a lot of user option in User Tools Bar.
Funcionallity is perfect. But, if I copy me worksheets in PC with Excel 2000
all User Tools Bar desappear.....! What I need to make in order to restore
this Bars in Excel 2000???
Please, help me ....., thanks, Iván
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ivan

How do you create the customizing?

If by ToolsCustomize and dragging menu items to the worksheet menu bar then
these customizations are saved in your Excel.XLB file and not with the
workbook.

Others won't have access to this *.XLB file so customized menus won't show up.

It will be named Excel10.xlb

You can copy it to your home computer, rename the current Excel9.xlb to
Excel9.old then rename the Excel10.xlb to Excel9.xlb.

Note: this will destroy any customizations you may have done to the 2000
Excel9.xlb version.

One more option..........If you assign macros to a bunch of buttons onto a new
Toolbar, you can attach the Toolbar to the workbook.

Best to create menus "on the fly" with code in the workbook.

The sites below give example code and tips.

Note: some sites say for XL97, but same for 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q159/6/19.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q162/8/78.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;Q166755&

Gord Dibben Excel MVP