Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Module update

I have 3 modules - 1,2,3. Module1 contians code to delete and then import
module 3. It works just fine except that after the import instead of
Module3, I have Module31. How can I force the name to Module3?

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was able to get around that problem by putting the code to delete the
modules in one procedure, and then putting the code to add Module3 in a
separate procedure.

I'm not sure it was necessary, but I also had a third procedure that would
first run my DeleteModules procedure and then it would run the AddModules
procedure.

I hope this works for you.
Ron Dahl

"Glen Mettler" wrote in message
I have 3 modules - 1,2,3. Module1 contians code to delete and then import
module 3. It works just fine except that after the import instead of
Module3, I have Module31. How can I force the name to Module3?

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,
That's what I have done also. The problem is that the module name ends up
at Module31 instead of Module3. I need it to be Module3 because that's what
the update code in Module1 is looking for. If it changes it to Module31, it
will not find Module3 the next time and I get an error.

Glen

"Glen Mettler" wrote in message
I have 3 modules - 1,2,3. Module1 contians code to delete and then import
module 3. It works just fine except that after the import instead of
Module3, I have Module31. How can I force the name to Module3?

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just change the name of the module:

ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("Module31").Na me = "Module3"

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson