Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't find "stop recording" toolbar to use relative references

Hello,
I would like to record a macro using relative references, and all the
instruction I can find for Excel 2000 (my version) say to click the relative
reference button on the "stop recording" toolbar. The problem is: I can't
see a "stop recording" toolbar and I have looked at all kinds of options in
regard to customizing toolbars, but can't find this one anywhere. What am I
doing wrong, or missing? Is there another way to set the macro recorder to
relative referencing?

TIA for any help you can give.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

go to 'Tools' Menu and select 'Customize'.
In the 'Customize' window click on 'Toolbars' tab.
Scroll down and Find 'Stop Recording'.
Select it and click on 'Reset'.

This is should add back the 'Reletive Reference' button in the
'Stop Recording' tool bar, if it was removed accidently.

Sharad

"Tom Harvey" wrote in message
Hello,
I would like to record a macro using relative references, and all the
instruction I can find for Excel 2000 (my version) say to click the
relative
reference button on the "stop recording" toolbar. The problem is: I can't
see a "stop recording" toolbar and I have looked at all kinds of options
in
regard to customizing toolbars, but can't find this one anywhere. What am
doing wrong, or missing? Is there another way to set the macro recorder
relative referencing?

TIA for any help you can give.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wow, that was simple! I had tried customizing the main toolbar by right
clicking on the toolbar area and could not find this feature there or in the
VBA window toolbars.
Thanks for your help Sharad.

Tom