Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create new excel worksheet

I need to create new excel worksheet as following:
001000
002000
003000
999000
on the 3rd character need to increment by 1 for each row, the last row will
be like 999000 and I need done by macro in excel,did anyone know how to do
this? I will be really appreciate it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

perhaps I have n;ot understood your query.

as far as I ;understand

type in one cell '001000(note single apostrophe)
similary in the next cell below '002000
now high light both cells
take the cursor to the right bottom of the two cells range when cursor
becomes a +
drag this cursor down and see whethr you get what you want.

Lillian wrote in message
I need to create new excel worksheet as following:
001000
002000
003000
999000
on the 3rd character need to increment by 1 for each row, the last row

will
be like 999000 and I need done by macro in excel,did anyone know how to do
this? I will be really appreciate it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lillian,

Sub TEST()

Sheets.Add After:=ActiveSheet

With Range("A1:A999")
.Formula = "=TEXT(ROW(),""'000"")&""000"""
.Value = .Value
End With

Soo Cheon Jheong

_ _