Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems with ChDrive and ChDir

Hello Everyone?

Raised this last week, but wasn't as precise as this.
Open works below, but not SaveAs, does anyone else get
the same result or know why?

TIA

Sxx

Sub FileOpenDirectory()
ChDrive "C"
ChDir "C:\1"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show

End Sub
Sub FileSaveAsDirectory()

ChDrive "C"
ChDir "C:\1"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sophie,

As I said last week, I have tested your code with the same directories, and
it works for me.

What is the directory when you start, and what error do you get?

--

HTH

RP

"Sophie" wrote in message
Hello Everyone?

Raised this last week, but wasn't as precise as this.
Open works below, but not SaveAs, does anyone else get
the same result or know why?

TIA

Sxx

Sub FileOpenDirectory()
ChDrive "C"
ChDir "C:\1"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show

End Sub
Sub FileSaveAsDirectory()

ChDrive "C"
ChDir "C:\1"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Hi Bob

It's very strange
I Don't get an error at all
But when I run SaveAs the directory that I see is the one
that I last saved too. The code has no effect
Tested it at home and got the same result, I presume
there's some issue with different systems or versions, I
hoped that someone might have solved this in the past.

Weird eh

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

XP and Excel 2003

But when I run SaveAs the directory that I see is the

one
that I last saved too. The code has no effect
Tested it at home and got the same result, I presume
there's some issue with different systems or versions,

hoped that someone might have solved this in the past.

Weird eh

As I said last week, I have tested your code with the

same directories, and
it works for me.

What is the directory when you start, and what error

do
you get?

--

HTH

RP
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing

direct)

"Sophie" wrote

in
message
Hello Everyone?

Raised this last week, but wasn't as precise as

this.
Open works below, but not SaveAs, does anyone else

get
the same result or know why?

TIA

Sxx

Sub FileOpenDirectory()
ChDrive "C"
ChDir "C:\1"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show

End Sub
Sub FileSaveAsDirectory()

ChDrive "C"
ChDir "C:\1"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

End Sub

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming