Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rt rt is offline

Default Date ranges and advanced filter

I want to create the vb code for an advanced filter type operation whereby I
filter between two dates. For example I want to filter for all birthdays
between 1/1/2004 and 5/1/2004.

I can't seem to get it to work. I understand the concept of the advanced
filter but no the logic for the whole date range thing

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi rt

You can use Autofilter (custom) for this also
Record a macro when you do it.

Or use this Add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm
That have more options

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"rt" wrote in message ...
I want to create the vb code for an advanced filter type operation whereby I
filter between two dates. For example I want to filter for all birthdays
between 1/1/2004 and 5/1/2004.

I can't seem to get it to work. I understand the concept of the advanced
filter but no the logic for the whole date range thing

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SR SR is offline

Thanks for the tip on the easyfilter. The only problem is I cannot be sure
that the other members of the management team will have the add-in installed
and configured properly.

I need to be able to select by way of filtering with the advanced filter for
all birthdays between 1/1/2004 and 5/1/2004.

rt

"rt" wrote in message ...
I want to create the vb code for an advanced filter type operation whereby I
filter between two dates. For example I want to filter for all birthdays
between 1/1/2004 and 5/1/2004.

I can't seem to get it to work. I understand the concept of the advanced
filter but no the logic for the whole date range thing

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi sr

You can use Autofilter (custom) for this also
Record a macro when you do it.

When you do this you will get something like this

Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=1/1/2004", Operator:=xlAnd, _
Criteria2:="<=1/5/2004"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl