Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Closing Graph9 from vba

Hi,

I am running a vba macro to open powerpoint and update
some charts within it - however sometimes it stalls and
just hangs, when I <ctrl<alt<delete there are a lot of
Graph9 processes running - I am presuming that it is these
that are causing the vba to stop. How can I close down
the Graph9 process after my chart has been updated?

Many thanks
KD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

These two pages have sample code to manipulate MS Graph. See what they do to
terminate the MSG instance that your code neglects to do:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q176443/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q267974/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

KD wrote:

Hi,

I am running a vba macro to open powerpoint and update
some charts within it - however sometimes it stalls and
just hangs, when I <ctrl<alt<delete there are a lot of
Graph9 processes running - I am presuming that it is these
that are causing the vba to stop. How can I close down
the Graph9 process after my chart has been updated?

Many thanks
KD

Closing workbooks w/o closing Excel Barb in MD Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 February 15th 10 06:42 PM
Closing Files CLASSC Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 November 2nd 09 06:05 PM
Closing Jon M.[_2_] Excel Programming 2 August 24th 04 03:35 AM
Closing VB triggers closing Excel Minilek Excel Programming 2 August 6th 04 05:17 PM
closing excel after closing a workbook CWalsh[_2_] Excel Programming 3 January 21st 04 03:33 PM