Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code help

Getting the "Code Execution has been interrupted" message ...
I'm attempting to allow for various drive letter mapping on user PCs to a
folders on a shared drive on the LAN in order to save a copy of an Excel file
after a user edits it.

Sub SVSURVEY()
If Dir("E:\AName\") < "" Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"E:\AName\SURVEY" & Range("H4").Value & ".xls"
ElseIf Dir("F:\AName\") < "" Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"F:\AName\SURVEY" & Range("H4").Value & ".xls"

etc,
etc,

The procedure works fine, the file is saved with a different name but, would
like the code execution message not to appear.

Would appreciate a response.
--
AusTexRich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't need to worry about local drive mappings if you sue the full
mapping to the server. For example if you look in windows explorer you will
se something like AName on 'SomeServer\Somewhere'

Change the code to read:

\\SomeServer\Somewhere\AName...

This will directly map you to the server without having to worry about the
local drive mappings.

Hope this helps...

"AusTexRich" wrote:

Getting the "Code Execution has been interrupted" message ...
I'm attempting to allow for various drive letter mapping on user PCs to a
folders on a shared drive on the LAN in order to save a copy of an Excel file
after a user edits it.

Sub SVSURVEY()
If Dir("E:\AName\") < "" Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"E:\AName\SURVEY" & Range("H4").Value & ".xls"
ElseIf Dir("F:\AName\") < "" Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"F:\AName\SURVEY" & Range("H4").Value & ".xls"

etc,
etc,

The procedure works fine, the file is saved with a different name but, would
like the code execution message not to appear.

Would appreciate a response.
--
AusTexRich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tried that , but, didn't seem to work. Either I or the code was goofy. I'll
try again. BTW, the code execution error went away. Might have been the
recent xp updates I didn't run until I shut down and re-booted.

Thank you very kindly for the quick reply.