Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compare cells using real time streaming data

I am a trader and I currently use Excel to help me determine when I should
enter and exit trades. I would like to find a way to compare my Profit and
Loss on a real-time basis so that I know how much I have been up and how much
I have been down. With this, I will use P-n-L management to help me exit all
my positions when the P-n-L on these trades falls a certain percentage. Is
it possible to create a graph that will show the high and low of a cell's
value, even if it has changed quite frequently? What I want to do is have
the high value and the low value both printed in a separate and then plotted
on a graph with the current pnl value. I have tried to get the value using
'IF' statements, but it isn't working.

Such as:
=IF(K24J24,CELL("contents",K24),CELL("contents",J 24))

Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm unfamiliar with "P-n-L management" and not too sure what you want to
graph. Whatever you graph it has to be numbers currently in the sheet. It
cannot be a history of numbers that have been in a given cell over time. So
you'd want to build a history down a column or across a row.

As to calculating the greater of two numbers, the conventional way is
=IF(A1A2,A1,A2) or better =MAX(A1,A2). You can do a range of numbers like
this =MAX(A1:A100) or =MAX(A:A) for all of column A.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP