Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default message box

Hello,
I have a code that runs for about 2 minutes. I understand that in Excel
there is no possibility of displaying the state of a lenghty calculation with
a progress bar. I do have a message displayed in the status bar while code is
running, but it is not enough. Is there a way that I can have a message box
displaying random texts (i.e.,"tip of the day") until calculations are
completed?
Thanks in advance for any light you can give me.
Myriam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Myriam

See John Walkenbach's page
and replace the progress indicator with other nice things.

HTH. best wishes Harald

"Myriam" skrev i melding
Hello,
I have a code that runs for about 2 minutes. I understand that in Excel
there is no possibility of displaying the state of a lenghty calculation

with
a progress bar. I do have a message displayed in the status bar while code

is
running, but it is not enough. Is there a way that I can have a message

box
displaying random texts (i.e.,"tip of the day") until calculations are
completed?
Thanks in advance for any light you can give me.
Myriam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TK TK is offline

Hi Myriam:

"Myriam" wrote:

Hello,
I have a code that runs for about 2 minutes.

At the end of the day the code is still 2 minutes
with or without progress bars, message boxes
or whatever.

Maybe you could break up the procedeure and get somthing on
screen in more of an acceptable time frame.

Good Luck
TK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, TK:
Thanks for your comment. However, this is not possible. It's a summary
calculation of a project with quite a few workbooks. No way to get around it.
Thanks for the encouragement...
Regards,

Maybe you could break up the procedeure and get something on
screen in more of an acceptable time frame.

"TK" wrote:

Hi Myriam: