Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Secure excel spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet developed in Excel 2000/VB that is to be
distributed to registered clients via download from a website.

One of the requirements is to secure the spreadsheet such that only
the registered client can use it. i.e. If the registered client were
to forward it to another party they would have to divulge additional
security details to that party for them to use the spreadsheet.

I would appreciate it if there are any ideas on how this requirement
might be implemented.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
honest answer: Not really possible with Excel sheeets or VBA modules.
Excel's build-in security is quite week and can easily be cracked.
The only real secure way would be to create a COM Addin and put security
into this module.