Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default area under curve and bilinear representation

I've already read tons of materials about this problem...but still can't
fully learn how I can solve my spcific problem. Is there any macro or script
that could help me...?
I've got a data set X Y and I want to approximate the curve plotted with a
bilinear, so that the area under the two curves (non linear and bilinear) is
equal...
Hope someone help me...
thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

uriel78 wrote:
I've already read tons of materials about this problem...but still can't
fully learn how I can solve my spcific problem. Is there any macro or script
that could help me...?
I've got a data set X Y and I want to approximate the curve plotted with a
bilinear, so that the area under the two curves (non linear and bilinear) is
equal...

I hope I'm ot being too simplisitc here --
Do you mean quadratic (2nd order) instead of bilinear?
With least squares, you could get y = A x ^2 + B x + C, which would be
close. From this you could get the area under the curve. You could
adjust C to make the area exactly equal to the area under the
non-linear curve. Have you done this on a worksheet (before thinking
about a macro)?