Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conveting numbers to text, like a checkbook.

I am a self admitted newbie, but I am unable to figure out how t
convert a number in one cell, to text in another cell, just lik
writing out a check in a checkbook. If the numbers change, the tex
changes as well. Thanks for all who help

--
xcelentfor
xcelentform's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1688

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html

--

HTH

RP

"xcelentform" wrote in message

I am a self admitted newbie, but I am unable to figure out how to
convert a number in one cell, to text in another cell, just like
writing out a check in a checkbook. If the numbers change, the text
changes as well. Thanks for all who help!

--
xcelentform
xcelentform's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=320637

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

another to check out that's not quite as good... but still works

http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm

"xcelentform" wrote:

I am a self admitted newbie, but I am unable to figure out how to
convert a number in one cell, to text in another cell, just like
writing out a check in a checkbook. If the numbers change, the text
changes as well. Thanks for all who help!

--
xcelentform
xcelentform's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16889
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=320637

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's no built-in function in Excel to do this. You need to use a VBA macro,
either in a module in the workbook or in an add-in. You've been given links to
the latter, I believe.

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:22:27 -0600, xcelentform
wrote:

I am a self admitted newbie, but I am unable to figure out how to
convert a number in one cell, to text in another cell, just like
writing out a check in a checkbook. If the numbers change, the text
changes as well. Thanks for all who help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A posting from Norman Harker.............

See:

XL2000: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words
http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;EN-US;213360

and:

XL: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;140704&

and:

(courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post):

If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this,
download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found
he

http://longre.free.fr/english/

It is downloaded in a zip file which also contains an informative file in
'hlp' format that describes the 33 or so very useful
functions included, one of which does the number to words conversion you
describe (supports various languages and currencies).

See also Laurent's latest version that is multi-lingual.

http://longre.free.fr/tradnombre/NbText.zip

and:
(Courtesy of Andy Wiggins FCCA) of www.BygSoftware.com

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...s/num2wrds.zip

It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
It contains two methods to convert numbers to words and two check writing
routines.

The code is open and commented.

And, finally:

A post containing a UDF by Bernie Deitrick that will take you into US budget
territory by covering amounts into trillions.
--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP