Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default draw button

Dear experts,
I have a workbook with many sheets and charts, that needs to be used by many
users. In the first sheet I have put the instructions/explanations and
hyperlinks to go to the other sheets and charts, but once my users are there,
how can they go back?
I have thought about "back" buttons: this is OK for the charts, because I
can find some room on them without hiding the graphs. Only I don't know how
to draw a button on a chart from VBA, the "normal" code for sheets does not
seem to work.
The second issue is that the "normal" sheets are full of data: if I put a
"back" button there, users won' be able to see the content of at least one
cell (unfortunately I can't modify the format of the sheets to add a row or
column).

Do you have any experience/suggestions to give me? I am very new to
developing spreadsheets for many users (and not very good at VBA!), and I am
really scared my users might get lost bewteen sheets.

As usual, many thanks, without this site and your precious help I would not
be able to learn effectively how to use VBA and Excel!
Best regards,

--
Valeria
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It seems to me it might be easier to implement this as a custom toolbar
button rather than a command button. For one thing, you only need to create
the button once. Your code will need some way of tracking which sheet the
user came from, though - not sure how you are currently doing this.

If you are not familiar with custom toolbars, check the Excel Help file for
basic info; if you need details on VBA coding, here's a good start
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ommandbars.asp
(for Excel 2000 at least)