Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Year to Year Sales Data Sort

We have two sets of data in the same spreadsheet.
First set is 2004 Sales, column A Customer, Column B Sales Volume.
Second set is 2003 Sales, Column E Customer, Column F Sales Volume.

We want to sort the data by customer as a year to year comparison.

Example: Search 2003 Sales Column E and find the match in Column A,
then copy the value in Column F in Column C next to the Column B value.

We hope this makes sense. We tried VLOOKUP and not much luck.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeff

--
cltyank
cltyank's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16857

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

why not in column c - row 2 for example?

=vlookup(a2,e$2:f$1000,2,false)

this will work if there is one exact match in column e for customer in
column a

if there is more than one exact match in column e try

=sumif(e$2:e$1000,a2,f$2:f$1000)

--
duane

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11624
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=320440

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another option is to add a column which gives the year, say in C put 2004, in
G put 2003. Then copy the 2003 data (columns E:G) below columns A:C to make a
single, 3-column list. Be sure you have headers in the first row: Customer,
Sales, Year. Then create a pivot table with Customer as a row field, Year as a
column field, sum of Sales as a data field.