Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need help with a formula

I need help with a formula that I don't know how to on a calculator, so I am really having a hard time in excel. I am trying to figure % BACKWARDS...

.. $85,500.00 X 0.20= $17,100.00

..
$85,500.00 loan
.. 20% down
. = $17,100 down payment
all well and good...

.. $85,500 Loan
. $17,100 for down payment
. What is the % of $85,500
..
and can it be done with the % sign in the cell?
Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way:

=17100/85500

You'll need to choose the Percent format on the formatting toolbar, or
Format/Cells/Number/Percent.

If your values are in cells:

A1: 17100
A2: 85500
A3: =A1/A2

In article ,
"Rusty" wrote:

I need help with a formula that I don't know how to on a calculator, so I am
really having a hard time in excel. I am trying to figure % BACKWARDS...

. $85,500.00 X 0.20= $17,100.00

.
$85,500.00 loan
. 20% down
. = $17,100 down payment
all well and good...

. $85,500 Loan
. $17,100 for down payment
. What is the % of $85,500
.
and can it be done with the % sign in the cell?
Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=1/A1*A2
A1 85500
A2 17000
A3 =1/A1*A2
FORMAT TO % AND ALL SHOULD BE OK
PETE
--
(][ This Email has been scanned by Norton AntiVirus. ][)
"Rusty" wrote in message
I need help with a formula that I don't know how to on a calculator, so I am
really having a hard time in excel. I am trying to figure % BACKWARDS...

.. $85,500.00 X 0.20= $17,100.00

..
$85,500.00 loan
.. 20% down
. = $17,100 down payment
all well and good...

.. $85,500 Loan
. $17,100 for down payment
. What is the % of $85,500
..
and can it be done with the % sign in the cell?
Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming