Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pros need help

I have been asked to import multiple excel docs into one central excel docs
to so show all the columns in all excel files (IN ONE DOC)

How would i do this and for it to be automated ideally?

PS im not a vb programmer

Thanks,
steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel has a limit of 256 columns. If I read you right you want to put
several sheets side by side on 1 sheet. The same effect as printing each
sheet and laying them out on a table, left to right, to view as one big
sheet. In that case would the total columns with data, for all the sheets,
ever be greater than 256? We will need more specific information about what
you have and what you want to do with it. Whatever, it sounds like you will
need code to do this.

Mike F
"steve" wrote in message
. ..
I have been asked to import multiple excel docs into one central excel

docs
to so show all the columns in all excel files (IN ONE DOC)

How would i do this and for it to be automated ideally?

PS im not a vb programmer

Thanks,
steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. There is not more than 256 columns. I will get more
specifics after work today and post them later.

Many thanks,
Steve
"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
Excel has a limit of 256 columns. If I read you right you want to put
several sheets side by side on 1 sheet. The same effect as printing each
sheet and laying them out on a table, left to right, to view as one big
sheet. In that case would the total columns with data, for all the sheets,
ever be greater than 256? We will need more specific information about

what
you have and what you want to do with it. Whatever, it sounds like you

will
need code to do this.

Mike F
. ..