Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Random Events

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I am programming a simulation of a storage facility. It cycles through the
365 days in a year and calculates the change in inventories. I have 55
events which have to occur randomly through the year. Does anyone have an
idea how to do this. I figure somehow the Random number generator could be
used, however, I can't figure out how to tie it in.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

myday = Int(rnd()*365 + 1)

would generate a uniformly distributed random number between 1 and 365
inclusive.

Tom Ogilvy

ink.net...